Go global adding Countries, Regions, Cities and Neighborhoods to your directory.
Your Global Business Directory
If your directory website covers more than one city, you’ll need the Location Manager Add-on. The Core Plugin that we offer free on WordPress.org allows submitting listings only within 1 location (City, Town, or Village). With the Location Manager, you can expand your directory and go global!
- Unlimited locations. – With the GeoDirectory Locations Manager add-on, you can create unlimited locations for your listings.
- No need to prefill locations. – Save heaps of time by not having to prefill locations. Locations populate while a user adds a listing. Google API or Open Street Maps get the correct details.
- Location-specific directory, no problem. – Location Manager can limit listing to any locations. 3 Countries, 5 Regions, 12 cities? No Problem.
- SEO friendly locations pages. – Every location page can have its very own meta info, text description, and featured image. By default, we use a general global meta info with replacement variables (%%location_name%%).
- Yoast SEO Sitemap Support. – Using the Yoast SEO plugin? GeoDirectory will automatically generate sitemaps for your locations.
Our Smart Location Switcher
A core part of any multi-location directory is, being able to switch between locations, our smart location switcher makes it very easy.
- Automatic location suggestions based on your location. – Opening the location switcher presents a list of nearest cities based on proximity to your location. Users will always have the most relevant suggestions.
- AJAX-based location suggestions. – Start typing the location you want to view, and we will AJAX search for any stored locations in the database.
- Fallback proximity search. – If a search returns zero results from your location database, we will; Automatically geocode the search text; Provide lists of location suggestions from the Google API or OSM API; Let the user do a proximity search for that location. So even if a location is not in your database, you can still show listings nearest to the users’ search.
- Saved search history. – Opening the location switcher again will show recent search results for quick access.
- Location switcher where you want it. – The switcher can be accessed in many ways, the easiest of which is a menu item. Our GeoDirectory menu items include the switcher, use it in any position on any menu. The switcher can also be shown via a shortcode, widget, or block and is page builder friendly.
- REST API. – All location queries made by the location switcher are via the WordPress REST API, meaning requests are faster, future proof, and developer-friendly.
Smart Location Searches
- Smart location searches. – The Near field of the directory search bar has the same intelligent geo-location features of the location switcher. Location searches are quick and easy for your users.
- Show the current location. – The search bar will show the current location. Users know precisely where they are searching. Merely hovering over the field will display an X that can clear the field and let the user search for a new location.
- Location-aware URLs. – “Near me” searches always contain the GPS in the URL. Selecting near me from the location switcher will result in a pretty permalink that is easy to share with friends: /location/near/me/39.952371,-75.163601/
- Location-aware autocompletes. – When paired with our Advanced Search addon, the location manager can filter AJAX search suggestions to be limited to the current location only (or set to search all locations depending on your directory needs)